Causing one to be puzzled; perplexing: that was the most puzzling aspect of the whole affair only one very puzzling question remains unanswered
More example sentences
- Given the large structural changes in the complex, the small change in dynamics might seem puzzling.
- IBS can affect children, too, giving them a puzzling set of digestive complaints.
- Every few yards there is a surreal spectacle, a puzzling riddle or a mysterious door.
- [sentence adverb]: puzzlingly, almost no mention of Hong Kong was made [as submodifier]: prices for Goya paintings are still puzzlingly lowMore example sentences
- ‘I don't have the voice in my head,’ he says, puzzlingly, ‘It is on the paper.’
- ‘I've been trying to say this to you for the best part of 10 years, but never quite found the words,’ he said, puzzlingly.
- It's pleasant, but puzzlingly inconsequential.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.