Definition of pygmy owl in English:
A very small owl found in America and northern Eurasia.
- Genus Glaucidium, family Strigidae: several species
- Small raptors such as pygmy owls, for example, elicited the most frenzied chickadee danger calls.
- To someone who cares about Ironwood's petroglyphs, pygmy owls, and bighorn sheep, these requests might seem absurd.
- The pygmy owl, with a reddish tail and a grey-brown body, has been listed as endangered since 1997.
Definition of pygmy owl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan