noun (plural pylori /-ˈlôrˌī, -ˈlôrē/)Anatomy
- The opening from the stomach into the duodenum (small intestine).More example sentences
- A septum of connective tissue separates the circular muscle layers of the pylorus and duodenum.
- A clear catheter entered the stomach at the gastrostomy site and had passed the pylorus into the duodenum.
- If it is exactly in the midline, it may be the duodenal bulb, the pylorus, or the distal antrum.
early 17th century: via late Latin from Greek pulouros 'gatekeeper', from pulē 'gate' + ouros 'warder'.
More definitions of pylorusDefinition of pylorus in:
- The British & World English dictionary