A crystalline aromatic hydrocarbon present in coal tar.
- A tetracyclic compound; chemical formula: C16H10
More example sentences
- To this purpose we have considered four dyes, namely: indo - 1, rhodamine 6G, fluorescein, and pyrene.
- The concentration of pyrene in the lipid bilayer as well as the temperature were similar in experiment and simulations.
- The biological half-life of pyrene absorbed via the respiratory tract is 9.8 hr.
mid 19th century: from Greek pur 'fire' + -ene.
Definition of pyrene in:
- The British & World English dictionary