Definition of pyrexia in English:
Raised body temperature; fever.
- Along with the constant infestation of lice came the high risk of pyrexia, or trench fever.
- Rarely, patients may have influenza-like symptoms, transient pyrexia, or allergic reactions.
- In Perth, maternal pyrexia and preceding viral illness were both importantly associated with encephalopathy.
- Example sentences
- He remained pyrexial, his C reactive protein concentration and hepatic transaminases continued to rise, and he became increasingly unwell.
- She's also gone lame which is one of the symptoms (pyrexial and limping syndrome).
- She was pyrexial and vomiting (two siblings had similar but less marked symptoms).
Definition of pyrexia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan