Definition of pyrogenic in English:
- They can cause pyrogenic reaction symptoms, including fever, chills, and hypotension.
- Endotoxin bacteria also are called pyrogenic bacteria because they activate the inflammatory process and produce fever.
- The pyrogenic exotoxins, also known as erythrogenic toxins, are responsible for the rash of scarlet fever.
1.1Caused or produced by combustion or the application of heat: pyrogenic factors affecting the fluctuation of the forest-savanna boundary
More example sentences
- Xeric oak scrub communities are pyrogenic, so their flora and fauna have developed adaptations to fire.
- Our results confirm the nature of Florida scrub as an ‘autosuccessional’ ecosystem, typical of most pyrogenic shrublands.
- Fire-suppression efforts soon followed, largely eliminating fire from these pyrogenic forests.
Definition of pyrogenic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan