Definition of pyrogenic in English:
- They can cause pyrogenic reaction symptoms, including fever, chills, and hypotension.
- Endotoxin bacteria also are called pyrogenic bacteria because they activate the inflammatory process and produce fever.
- The pyrogenic exotoxins, also known as erythrogenic toxins, are responsible for the rash of scarlet fever.
1.1Caused or produced by combustion or the application of heat: pyrogenic factors affecting the fluctuation of the forest-savanna boundary
More example sentences
- Xeric oak scrub communities are pyrogenic, so their flora and fauna have developed adaptations to fire.
- Our results confirm the nature of Florida scrub as an ‘autosuccessional’ ecosystem, typical of most pyrogenic shrublands.
- Fire-suppression efforts soon followed, largely eliminating fire from these pyrogenic forests.
Words that rhyme with pyrogenicanthropogenic, arsenic, autogenic, callisthenic (US calisthenic), carcinogenic, cariogenic, cryogenic, erotogenic, eugenic, fennec, hallucinogenic, Hellenic, hypo-allergenic, photogenic, radiogenic, schizophrenic, telegenic
Definition of pyrogenic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.