A glassy solid obtained by heating phosphoric acid.
- A tetrabasic acid; chemical formula: H4P2O7
More example sentences
- Pyrophosphoric acid is colorless, odorless, hygroscopic and is soluble in water.
- More example sentences
- One molecule of IPP condenses with one molecule of DMPP to generate geranyl pyrophosphate, GPP.
- Gout and calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate deposition disease are fairly common metabolic diseases affecting joints.
- Pseudogout is a form of arthritis caused by calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate crystal deposits in one or more joints.
Definition of pyrophosphoric acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary