- 1A fireworks display.More example sentences
- ‘It's not what you'd want as a player,’ said Barry Ferguson, meaning the closed-doors match rather than the pyrotechnics.
- It is crucial that bodhrán playing is always musical and never gets reduced to equilibristic techniques and pyrotechnics.
- They followed up on the myriad strengths of ‘Mixed Bag,’ combining terrific original compositions and interpretive pyrotechnics.
- 1.1A brilliant performance or display, especially of a specified skill: he thrilled his audience with vocal pyrotechnicsMore example sentences
- The concluding Precipitato was a brilliant display of pure pianistic pyrotechnics.
- He needed the cigarettes to perform his secondary role as coordinator of Biblical pyrotechnics.
- There were tears in the audience too, but also not a little squirming at the emotional pyrotechnics.
- 1.2 [treated as singular] The art of making or displaying fireworks.More example sentences
- The council has used Salford-based pyrotechnics experts, Walk The Plank, to set up displays.
- They really got involved with the dances and pyrotechnics.
- They have been in the pyrotechnics business ever since.
More definitions of pyrotechnicsDefinition of pyrotechnics in:
- The British & World English dictionary