- A dark, greenish, granular intrusive igneous rock consisting chiefly of pyroxenes and olivine.More example sentences
- In similar contrast to the Okenyenya xenolith suite, lithologies such as wehrlite, eclogite and pyroxenite are also absent.
- Subsequent melting of mica pyroxenite may produce potassic magmas as a result of orogenic or extensional, thermal or bark triggers.
- The first group (133 million years old) consists mostly of melagabbro, perkinite and pyroxenite.
More definitions of pyroxeniteDefinition of pyroxenite in:
- The British & World English dictionary