Definition of Pyrrhonism in English:
1The philosophy of Pyrrho.
- Sextus is a key source of our knowledge of Pyrrhonism and is also said to have been a physician.
- The Greeks, however, found no problem in interpreting Pyrrhonism in Greek terms.
- The great subverter of Pyrrhonism or the excessive principles of scepticism is action, and employment, and the occupations of common life.
- Example sentences
- In fact, this is how the Pyrrhonists treated all sceptical arguments.
- Their type of skepticism about what is good or bad by nature allowed Pyrrhonists to choose and avoid things according to habit and custom.
- The Pyrrhonists sought the truth.
Pronunciation: /ˈpirənəst/noun& adjective
Definition of Pyrrhonism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.