- 1A large heavy-bodied nonvenomous constrictor snake occurring throughout the Old World tropics.
More example sentences
- Family Pythonidae: genera Python (of Asia and Africa), and Morelia and Aspidites (of Australasia)
- Anacondas are related to boa constrictors and pythons.
- Non-venomous snakes like boas and pythons grab their prey and squeeze them to death.
- I used to keep pythons and boa constrictors years ago.
- 2 (Python) Computing A high-level general-purpose programming language.More example sentences
- Use it to implement a parser for Python's expression syntax.
- In Python this is handled automatically via the module/import framework.
- This file is read and processed by a (mostly custom built) program written in the python language.
late 16th century (in the Greek sense): via Latin from Greek Puthōn, the name of a huge serpent killed by Apollo. The current sense dates from the mid 19th century.
More definitions of pythonDefinition of python in:
- The British & World English dictionary