- A style of Muslim devotional music now associated particularly with Sufis in Pakistan.More example sentences
- Here's a page on Sufi music, including qawwali and the Sabri Brothers.
- He is a veteran of over 1,500 qawwali and ghazal programmes.
- More formal Muslim music forms, such as the qawwali and ghazal, continue to be popular in the region today.
from Arabic qawwāli, from qawwāl 'loquacious', also 'singer'.
More definitions of qawwaliDefinition of qawwali in:
- The British & World English dictionary