Definition of quad in English:
- At the U, they make their way past the police lines towards some shrubbery on the quad.
- She will also represent her country in the quad.
- You have to look for ways to minimize hip action in order to focus completely on your quads.
1.2A quadruplet (child).
- You'll see what it's like in one household dealing with quads plus two older children.
- This lady needs a few of these new medals that are coming out for having two sets of quads.
- The return yesterday of the Murphy quads to the place of their birth was a momentous occasion.
- It does a great job working your lower body, hitting the quads, glutes, abductors and adductors.
- As you depress the pedals, you use your quads and hip flexors along with your calf muscles.
- We recommend a stance with your heels close together to better target your outer quads.
2(In telephony) a group of four insulated conductors twisted together, usually forming two circuits.
[Abbreviation of quadruplex, a telegraphic device invented by Thomas Edison, by means of which four messages could be sent simultaneously over one wire]
- These units can contain one, two or eight LEDs, the duals and quads available in tower versions only.
4A traditional roller skate.
[Quad, with reference to the four wheels]
- I have been skating on Ice, roller, quads, blades for over 20 years.
- Even then, quads aren't as fast as low cut inline speed skates.
- I'm sure the people kept wondering, ‘Why struggle with those blades when the quads are so much better?’
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- An embodiment of the invention in a quad flat no-lead package is described.
- No L2 cache exists to supply an L1 cache miss from its quad group.
- The CSI package is a huge disappointment as once inside the box you'll find nothing except for a quad jewel case.
Words that rhyme with quadbod, clod, cod, god, hod, mod, nod, od, odd, plod, pod, prod, quod, scrod, shod, squad, tod, Todd, trod, wad
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.