Definition of quadrangle in English:
- Exit at the west wing… it's the building across the quadrangle.
- Buildings around the quadrangle would be primarily for research.
- Johen waved a hand at the quadrangle of low buildings in front of them, set around a cobbled yard.
- Section 31 is divided on the Santaquin and Payson, Utah, 7.5-minute topographic quadrangles.
- Topographic quadrangle maps and county highway maps are helpful in finding sites.
- It is located in the Little Hickman USGS 75 quadrangle.
Latin quattuor ‘four’ and angulus ‘corner, angle’ are the base elements of quadrangle. The quadri- and quadru- in many English words also mean ‘four’ as in quadrant (Middle English), and from mid 17th century come quadratic; quadrilateral; and quadruped.
- Example sentences
- Instead of the customary quadrangular layout, the 15-mile course would be a seven-sided affair, each side about 2.7 miles long.
- On the other hand, the weak site has a quadrangular pyramidal structure with three peptide carbonyl groups and two water molecules.
- The former asylum opened in 1816 is a stately quadrangular building of stone with pillars of the Doric order.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.