Definition of quadrangle in English:
1.1A square or rectangular space or courtyard enclosed by buildings.
- Exit at the west wing… it's the building across the quadrangle.
- Buildings around the quadrangle would be primarily for research.
- Johen waved a hand at the quadrangle of low buildings in front of them, set around a cobbled yard.
1.2The area shown on a standard topographic map sheet of the US Geological Survey.
- Section 31 is divided on the Santaquin and Payson, Utah, 7.5-minute topographic quadrangles.
- Topographic quadrangle maps and county highway maps are helpful in finding sites.
- It is located in the Little Hickman USGS 75 quadrangle.
- Example sentences
- Instead of the customary quadrangular layout, the 15-mile course would be a seven-sided affair, each side about 2.7 miles long.
- On the other hand, the weak site has a quadrangular pyramidal structure with three peptide carbonyl groups and two water molecules.
- The former asylum opened in 1816 is a stately quadrangular building of stone with pillars of the Doric order.