Definition of quadrangle in English:
- Exit at the west wing… it's the building across the quadrangle.
- Buildings around the quadrangle would be primarily for research.
- Johen waved a hand at the quadrangle of low buildings in front of them, set around a cobbled yard.
- Section 31 is divided on the Santaquin and Payson, Utah, 7.5-minute topographic quadrangles.
- Topographic quadrangle maps and county highway maps are helpful in finding sites.
- It is located in the Little Hickman USGS 75 quadrangle.
- Example sentences
- Instead of the customary quadrangular layout, the 15-mile course would be a seven-sided affair, each side about 2.7 miles long.
- On the other hand, the weak site has a quadrangular pyramidal structure with three peptide carbonyl groups and two water molecules.
- The former asylum opened in 1816 is a stately quadrangular building of stone with pillars of the Doric order.
Latin quattuor ‘four’ and angulus ‘corner, angle’ are the base elements of quadrangle. The quadri- and quadru- in many English words also mean ‘four’ as in quadrant (Middle English), and from mid 17th century come quadratic; quadrilateral; and quadruped.
Words that rhyme with quadrangletriangle • rectangle
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.