noun (plural quadrati /-ˈdrātˌī/)Anatomy
- Any of several roughly square or rectangular muscles, e.g., in the abdomen, thigh, and eye socket.More example sentences
- The fourth layer is composed of a single muscle, pronator quadratus, which is not seen at this level.
- In this section pronator quadratus is thinning and is seen for the last time.
- The quadratus femoris and obturator externus muscles appear for the first time in this section.
mid 18th century: from Latin, literally 'made square'.
More definitions of quadratusDefinition of quadratus in:
- The British & World English dictionary