noun (plural quadrennia /-ˈdrenēə/ or quadrenniums)
- A specified period of four years.More example sentences
- I will discuss some of the things we considered in setting up her season plan and how that fits into the final year of the Olympic quadrennium.
- It was a good marker for us to see where our juniors are at this point in the quadrennium.
- A quadrennium later, they're storming toward that anticipated status.
early 19th century: from Latin quadriennium, from quadri- 'four' + annus 'year'.
More definitions of quadrenniumDefinition of quadrennium in:
- The British & World English dictionary