Definition of quadriplegia in English:
Paralysis of all four limbs; tetraplegia.
- Paralysis can involve all four extremities, a condition called quadriplegia or tetraplegia, or only the lower body, resulting in paraplegia.
- Deep vein thrombosis, anemia, quadriplegia, and paraplegia were similar between the 2 groups.
- The most common forms of cerebral palsy in children who have been born preterm are spastic hemiplegia or quadriplegia (bilateral).
- Example sentences
- We report the case of a 43-year-old quadriplegic woman with bilateral vulvar enlargement.
- One half of the 26 men were paraplegic, and one half were quadriplegic.
- Yes, we've got approval from the FDA to implant this chip into 5 quadriplegic patients over the next year.
Pronunciation: /ˌkwädrəˈplējik/adjective& noun
Words that rhyme with quadriplegiaflorilegia
Definition of quadriplegia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.