Definition of quadrupole in English:
1A distribution of electric charge or magnetization consisting of four equal monopoles, or two equal dipoles, arranged close together with alternating polarity and operating as a unit.
- Lowering the temperature appears to substantially shorten the quadrupole echo decay time of the prominent doublet component.
- The deuterium quadrupole echo spectra of the two samples are presented in Fig.7.
- The two populations differ in their averaged quadrupole splitting and in their 2 H chemical shift values.
1.1A device using a quadrupole directed at one point to focus beams of subatomic particles.
- In Q-Tof mass spectrometers ions are focused by a radio frequency lens before transmission to the quadrupole.
- We have used a microfabricated planar quadrupole as a test bed for evaluating DEP-based traps, using polystyrene beads as a model for cells.
- The plot in Fig.2 has a striking qualitative similarity to the observed NMR quadrupole splittings.
Definition of quadrupole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.