Definition of quaking grass in English:
A slender-stalked grass with oval or heart-shaped flower heads that tremble in the wind.
- Genus Briza, family Gramineae: several species, including B. media, which is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental
- Like most grasses, perennial quaking grass needs a carefully prepared, fine, crumbly seedbed.
- We use quaking grass a lot in multiple-pet households, where there are two or three or more animals living together.
- Distinctive in fresh and dried arrangements, quaking grass is grown for delicate stems and panicles (spikes) of paper-thin, green oval seed capsules that mature to a soft brown
Definition of quaking grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.