Definition of quaking grass in English:
A slender-stalked grass with oval or heart-shaped flower heads that tremble in the wind.
- Genus Briza, family Gramineae: several species, including B. media, which is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental
- Like most grasses, perennial quaking grass needs a carefully prepared, fine, crumbly seedbed.
- We use quaking grass a lot in multiple-pet households, where there are two or three or more animals living together.
- Distinctive in fresh and dried arrangements, quaking grass is grown for delicate stems and panicles (spikes) of paper-thin, green oval seed capsules that mature to a soft brown
Definition of quaking grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India