noun (plural qualia /ˈkwälēə/)(usually qualia) Philosophy
- A quality or property as perceived or experienced by a person.More example sentences
- According to Block, what has remained the same is the qualia of my experience; what has changed is the intentional content.
- Nonetheless the type-type identity theory has enjoyed a recent if modest resurgence at least with respect to qualia or qualitative conscious properties.
- Sensory receptors provide information about the quality of the stimuli that they detect, giving rise to what philosophers call the qualia of conscious perceptual experience.
late 17th century: from Latin, neuter of qualis 'of what kind'.
More definitions of qualeDefinition of quale in:
- The British & World English dictionary