Definition of quality control in English:
A system of maintaining standards in manufactured products by testing a sample of the output against the specification.
- There's a tendency to obscurity when what the free market demands is quality control and open competition.
- However, in his later work his interests turned more towards applications to areas such as reliability and quality control.
- The company refuses to use brokers unless at the request of the customer as it considers this might compromise its quality control.
- quality controller noun
- Example sentences
- But Equiano was more fortunate than some of his peers, holding the position of ‘gauger’ on the plantations, similar to being a quality controller, and after three years of saving his income he was able to buy his freedom in 1766 for £40.
- He found work as a quality controller at Duncan's chocolate factory before winning a place at art college in Dundee to study graphics, and he spent the summer of 1966 touring the US on an IBM scholarship.
- As part of a major company pay restructuring in 1970, designed partly to facilitate equal pay, the position of quality controller was downgraded but the males then in post had their wages protected in their inferior jobs.
Definition of quality control in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.