Definition of quantify in English:
verb (quantifies, quantifying, quantified)[with object]
1Express or measure the quantity of: it’s very hard to quantify the cost
More example sentences
- The UN's project assumes that a price can be put on the environment and that life can be quantified and measured.
- And while it is easy to quantify the cost so far, it is much harder to work out how big an impact it will have in future.
- These measures enabled researchers to quantify each individual act of violence in each film.
2 Logic Define the application of (a term or proposition) by the use of all, some, etc., e.g., “for all x if x is A then x is B.”.
- Another variable related to set names or actions is whether the number quantifying a set precedes or follows it.
- A statement that quantifies a variable need not necessarily give the set from which the variable is to be taken.
Words that rhyme with quantifytestify • prettify • mystify
Definition of quantify in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.