- Yet this is in many ways a quantitative rather than a qualitative distinction.
- Evaluation may involve subjective and objective measures and qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- That may be appropriate, but using these qualitative data for quantitative statistics is fraught with difficulty.
- Most critical studies evaluate Campions place in and contribution to the movement to create English quantitative verse.
- The rhythms of both Greek and Latin poetry are based on the quantitative length of syllables, not on stress accent as are English rhythms.
- Later European languages, in admiration of Greek and Roman poetry with their quantitative meters, have often tried to replicate the musical character of ancient verse.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'having magnitude or spatial extent'): from medieval Latin quantitativus, from Latin quantitas (see quantity).
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of quantitative in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.