Definition of quantitative analysis in English:
1Analysis of a situation or event, especially a financial market, by means of complex mathematical and statistical modeling: I did a lot of quantitative analysis early in my career, translating information into insight
More example sentences
- "I learned a tremendous amount from Merrill Lynch about quantitative analysis, which we use in the fund to this day."
- "Every high-profile election campaign in the modern era relies extensively on scientific surveying and quantitative analysis," he said.
- The company's research efforts are focused on IT services offering indigenous quantitative analysis about leading organizations.
2 Chemistry Measurement of the quantities of particular constituents present in a substance.
- Molecular weight measurements are now routinely utilized in the qualitative and quantitative analysis of macromolecules.
- Most chemists were not concerned with this detail because during the first half of the eighteenth century chemistry was not concerned with quantitative analysis.
- The key to quantitative analysis of the composition of salt solutions is the solubility product of the salt, K sp.
Definition of quantitative analysis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan