- A nanoscale particle of semiconducting material that can be embedded in cells or organisms for various experimental purposes, such as labeling proteins.More example sentences
- They repeatedly zapped a 100-nanometer-diameter raised patch of semiconductor called a quantum dot with laser light delivered through a microscopic glass fiber.
- When hit with light, the quantum dot emits a particular color based on its size.
- Chen and Gerion obtained a portion of this protein and attached it to the quantum dot.
More definitions of quantum dotDefinition of quantum dot in:
- The British & World English dictionary