A type of bookbinding in which the spine is covered in one material (usually leather) and the rest of the cover in another.
More example sentences
- The process of quarter binding a book is more akin to paperback binding than traditional case binding.
- This printing features the light grey quarter leather binding, with gilded labyrinth design by Jeff Clements.
- They would not have had a dust jacket but would be bound in leather or clothe in styles known as full binding, half binding or quarter binding.
- More example sentences
- These copies are quarter bound in leather with a gilt spine and housed in a slip-case.
- The book is quarter-bound in red with grey board that has stamped into it in red and gold foil Tolkien's Ring and Eye of Sauron symbol.
- It was quarter-bound in a traditional style: a cream canvas spine with a leather spine-label and grey paper-covered sides.
Definition of quarter binding in:
- The British & World English dictionary