(also quarter of an hour)
- 1A period of 15 minutes.More example sentences
- I used to put minutes, quarter-hours, half-hours into this game, like ever larger sums into a slot machine.
- Workers also won a ‘service day’ for every three years and a quarter of an hour off some shifts.
- The veteran striker powered home two trademark headers within two minutes in the final quarter of an hour to spare his side's blushes.
- 1.1A point of time 15 minutes before or after any hour.More example sentences
- The tips on rounding hours to the next quarter-hour or tenth-hour and dropping your own VBA procedure into a formula were most ingenious.
- Mark Wood opened the scoring on the quarter-hour and Mark Swales completed the victory just after the hour mark as the Pikes bounced back superbly from Saturday's disappointing home defeat to title rivals Eastwood Town.
More definitions of quarter-hourDefinition of quarter-hour in:
- The British & World English dictionary