- 1The part of a ship’s upper deck near the stern, traditionally reserved for officers.More example sentences
- We know that in those days a ship was commanded from the quarterdeck at the ship's stern.
- And when they cross the quarterdeck, they see the hard work that deck division puts in, and that makes us feel proud.
- Thomas writes colorfully of blackguards and mistresses, salty sea dogs and young midshipmen, bloody quarterdecks and Parisian salons.
More definitions of quarterdeckDefinition of quarterdeck in:
- The British & World English dictionary