- A quantum of energy in a crystal lattice or other system of bodies that has momentum and position and can in some respects be regarded as a particle.More example sentences
- Remember that we also know that in many body systems there are quasiparticles which act very much like normal particles.
- The effective masses of the electrons are therefore increased - by a few percent in simple metals and by factors of up to 1000 in ‘heavy fermion ‘systems - but the quasiparticles still carry the same charge and spin as free electrons.’
- One point which Wen is particularly excited about is that fermions can appear as quasiparticles in local bosonic lattice systems.
More definitions of quasiparticleDefinition of quasiparticle in:
- The British & World English dictionary