- A small seasoned ball of pounded fish or meat.More example sentences
- Set some quenelles of steak tartare around the dish and set some mache in the center.
- Culinary relativism is no longer an excuse for preferring gefilte fish to seafood quenelles.
- Using two teaspoons, shape the malfatti into small quenelles and gently drop them directly from the spoons into the simmering water.
French, probably from Alsatian German knödel.
More definitions of quenelleDefinition of quenelle in:
- The British & World English dictionary