Definition of quick-witted in English:
Showing or characterized by an ability to think or respond quickly or effectively.
- And when that draws sarcastic comment from the management team, his ability to offer quick-witted retorts allows him to ride the banter as effortlessly as another lunge from a desperate defender.
- Undemonstrative, quick-witted, alert and intelligent: he has it all.
- Intellectually quick-witted and bright, with an abrasive edge, Reid did well in school.
- Example sentences
- But in football being sent off is easy; the difficult part is entertaining the public with skill, imagination and quick-wittedness.
- Quickskill suggests speed and dexterity, quick-wittedness, the ability to improvise on the spot.
- Wisdom is subdivided into good sense, good calculation, quick-wittedness, discretion, and resourcefulness.
Pronunciation: /ˈˌkwik ˈˌwididnəs/noun
Words that rhyme with quick-wittedhalf-witted, nitwitted, uncommitted, unfitted
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.