- A type of decoration for clothing and possessions characteristic of certain North American Indian peoples, using softened and dyed porcupine quills to make elaborate applied designs.More example sentences
- It has been over 50 years since porcupine quillwork was used as the primary decorative motif on Gwich'in jackets, slippers, and gloves.
- For example, since the porcupine quillwork was taking much too long, they decided to use a combination of quills and beads.
- The decoration fashioned in beads, paint, and quillwork served to summarize the common values of the wearers - generosity, honor, and bravery.
More definitions of quillworkDefinition of quillwork in:
- The British & World English dictionary