- A plant related to the club mosses, having a dense rosette of long slender leaves, the bases of which contain the spore-producing organs, and occurring typically as a submerged aquatic.
More example sentences
- Genus Isoetes, family Isoetaceae, class Lycopsida
- Liverworts, hornworts, mosses, clubmosses, resurrection plants, quillworts, horsetails, ferns, cycads, ginkgos, conifers, and flowering plants are all plants.
- This extinct order of giant scale trees includes relatives of the modern quillworts (Isoetes).
- First described by Pfeiffer in 1937, and recircumscribed by Brunton et al., I. virginica is a tetraploid quillwort of intermittent woodland streams and low, wet wooded areas of the southeastern Mountains and Piedmont.
More definitions of quillwortDefinition of quillwort in:
- The British & World English dictionary