1A goosefoot found in the Andes, where it was widely cultivated for its edible starchy seeds before the introduction of Old World grains.
- Chenopodium quinoa, family Chenopodiaceae
- In August, he will plant beans, in October carrots and onions, in November barley and quinoa.
1.1The grainlike seeds of the quinoa, used as food and in the production of alcoholic drinks.
- Now that it's cooler, she's eating foods like quinoa instead of cantaloupe.
- Increase whole grains such as millet, buckwheat, quinoa, oats, rye and barley.
- To get more fiber, she suggests eating five to nine daily servings of fruit and vegetables and one to four daily servings of whole grains like amaranth, barley, brown rice, millet, oats, quinoa, and whole wheat.
Early 17th century: Spanish spelling of Quechua kinua, kinoa.
Definition of quinoa in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.