- 1A unit of weight equal to a hundredweight (112 lb) or formerly, 100 lb.More example sentences
- An Indian authority cited four and a half quintal (four hundredweight) of wood for an open-air cremation.
- I never said that I expected 15 quintals per acre.
- In 1861 not one person reported producing any quintals offish.
late Middle English: via Old French from medieval Latin quintale, from Arabic ḳinṭār, based on Latin centenarius 'containing a hundred'.
More definitions of quintalDefinition of quintal in:
- The British & World English dictionary