Definition of quite some in English:
1A considerable amount of: she hasn’t been seen for quite some time
More example sentences
- Stored this way, fish from the tropics will last quite some considerable time in cold storage, at least five days.
- I have listened to you and you have gone to quite some considerable length to make the same point twice.
- It caused quite some considerable difficulty during the previous separation.
2 informal way of saying quite a —— .
- Adding the chapter would have been quite some way of getting back at the bad guys.
- Given the group's notoriously bitter and protracted split a decade ago, this was quite some achievement.
- When you think back through the past 20 years, that is quite some statement.
Definition of quite some in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.