- A tropical aloe that forms a tree, the hollow branches of which were formerly used by the San (Bushmen) as quivers.
More example sentences
- Aloe dichotoma, family Liliaceae (or Aloaceae)
- The quiver tree is indigenous to the hot, dry southern part of Namibia.
- Here you find the most extreme desert adapted fauna and flora including Hartmann's Mountain zebra, chameleons, 1,000 year old welwitschia mirabilis and quiver trees.
More definitions of quiver treeDefinition of quiver tree in:
- The British & World English dictionary