Definition of quoll in English:
A catlike, carnivorous marsupial with short legs and a white-spotted coat, native to the forests of Australia and New Guinea. Also called dasyure.
- Genus Dasyurus, family Dasyuridae: several species
- There are a variety of possums, early kangaroos, koalas, wombats and quolls, as well as marsupial groups that are now completely extinct.
- Adding insult to ecosystem injury, the poisonous toad instantly kills any predator that attempts to eat it, particularly the quoll, Australia's marsupial cat, and giant native lizards.
- There are even plans to bring back quolls, catlike native predators.
Late 18th century: from Guugu Yimidhirr (an Aboriginal language) dhigul.
Definition of quoll in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.