(also rabbitbush /-ˌbo͝oSH/)
Definition of rabbitbrush in English:
A shrub of the daisy family that bears clusters of pungent small yellow flowers, native to North America, especially the western US.
- Chrysothamnus nauseosus, family Compositae
- Among the other species are broom groundsel, James' catseye, narrow-leaf gromwell, narrow-leaved penstemon, needle and thread, nodding buckwheat, rubber rabbitbrush, and yucca.
- Beyond the point, 10 miles of trails skitter through the park's desertscape of sage, rabbitbrush, mountain mahogany, Utah juniper, and piñon, revealing vertigo-inducing views into deep-throated canyons.
- Bitterbrush, sagebrush, and rabbitbrush predominate in a mosaic where patches of blackbrush and mormon tea are common.
Definition of rabbitbrush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan