(also rabbitbush /-ˌbo͝oSH/)
A shrub of the daisy family that bears clusters of pungent small yellow flowers, native to North America, especially the western US.
- Chrysothamnus nauseosus, family Compositae
More example sentences
- Among the other species are broom groundsel, James' catseye, narrow-leaf gromwell, narrow-leaved penstemon, needle and thread, nodding buckwheat, rubber rabbitbrush, and yucca.
- Beyond the point, 10 miles of trails skitter through the park's desertscape of sage, rabbitbrush, mountain mahogany, Utah juniper, and piñon, revealing vertigo-inducing views into deep-throated canyons.
- Bitterbrush, sagebrush, and rabbitbrush predominate in a mosaic where patches of blackbrush and mormon tea are common.
Definition of rabbitbrush in:
- The British & World English dictionary