Definition of racetrack in English:
1A ground or track for horse or dog racing.
- The largest obstacles to a comprehensive racing bill are the differing interests of greyhound and horse racetracks.
- The move was necessary due to a need for larger stables and paddocks, a training area for a mechanical horse, a full racetrack, and living quarters for out-of-town students.
- Some minutes after the officials put the green light and the winning bets were paid, rumors about the identity of the winning horse grew at the racetrack.
1.1A track for auto racing.
- Silverstone racetrack was the stage for a brand new racing car yesterday.
- This place is probably the best-maintained racetrack on the circuit.
- It kind of indicated a couple of times that maybe you missed the competitive atmosphere of the racetrack and the track side. Is that what led you to leave the booth and to definitely get back to racing more on a competitive basis?
Definition of racetrack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia