- 1The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.More example sentences
- The most inflexible form of racism holds that race is determined biologically.
- Secondly, as has been stressed before, it is legally and morally wrong to promote racism.
- It is clear that people have a variety of perspectives on issues of race and racism.
- 1.1Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior: a program to combat racismMore example sentences
- Nobody could ever accuse Glastonbury of being a hotbed of racism and prejudice.
- Positive discrimination can increase racism rather than working to decrease it.
- Inmates at Buckley Hall Prison have to run a gauntlet of insults and racism from some members of staff.