- A female raconteur.More example sentences
- Part raconteuse, part avant-garde musician, and part social commentator, she provides nourishment to a diverse audience with equal measures of irony and tenderness.
- Her one-act is filled with lingering descriptions of physical contact between lovers, related by a mysterious raconteuse in the corner table of a Brussels café.
- There's nothing like your assembled audience saying, ‘that's not funny, that's horrible’ to take the wind out of a raconteuse's sails.
mid 19th century: French, feminine of raconteur (see raconteur).
More definitions of raconteuseDefinition of raconteuse in:
- The British & World English dictionary