1A handheld radar device used by traffic police to estimate the speed of a passing vehicle.
- Although the radar gun of a police officer or state trooper may be jammed, most law enforcement officials are able to identify if a vehicle is speeding excessively, which can still result in a ticket.
- When a motorist is caught speeding using a hand-held radar gun, the garda shows the recorded speed on the hand device before issuing a ticket.
- She started to drive too fast and attracted the attention of a police officer with a radar gun.
1.1A device similar to a radar gun used to measure the speed of a pitched ball in baseball.
- Later, outside the building, I pitched to a radar gun.
- If you don't have a radar gun or a good knowledge of pitching mechanics, pitch counts aren't bad.
- Perez had a blazing fastball that regularly hit 98 mph on the radar gun, rare for a left-hander, along with a devastating slider and blossoming curveball.
Definition of radar gun in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.