Definition of radar gun in English:
1A handheld radar device used by traffic police to estimate the speed of a passing vehicle.
- Although the radar gun of a police officer or state trooper may be jammed, most law enforcement officials are able to identify if a vehicle is speeding excessively, which can still result in a ticket.
- When a motorist is caught speeding using a hand-held radar gun, the garda shows the recorded speed on the hand device before issuing a ticket.
- She started to drive too fast and attracted the attention of a police officer with a radar gun.
1.1A device similar to a radar gun used to measure the speed of a pitched ball in baseball.
- Later, outside the building, I pitched to a radar gun.
- If you don't have a radar gun or a good knowledge of pitching mechanics, pitch counts aren't bad.
- Perez had a blazing fastball that regularly hit 98 mph on the radar gun, rare for a left-hander, along with a devastating slider and blossoming curveball.
Definition of radar gun in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan