- Illness caused by exposure of the body to ionizing radiation, characterized by nausea, hair loss, diarrhea, bleeding, and damage to the bone marrow and central nervous system.More example sentences
- Symptoms of radiation sickness evolve over time in distinct phases.
- Sam performs an autopsy on a car crash victim and finds the body is wrought with radiation sickness.
- A dirty bomb would boost the radiation level above normal levels, increasing the risk of cancer and radiation sickness to some degree.
More definitions of radiation sicknessDefinition of radiation sickness in:
- The British & World English dictionary