- 1An absence of or abstention from radio transmission: at midnight, the enemy went on total radio silenceMore example sentences
- The imposition of radio silence during such missions made me more of a gunner than a radioman.
- One wounded plane came limping back to base in radio silence.
- Maintaining total radio silence, the Strike Force took a route through the North Pacific, which had proven wholly devoid of shipping under normal circumstances.
- 1.1A period during which one hears nothing from a normally communicative person or group: the long radio silence has been due to the intensity of parenting an infantMore example sentences
- I'm off to Devon for a few days and there will be radio silence.
- Naturally, there was total radio silence from him while the property boom was going up.
- I've been out of sorts for several days, hence the relative radio silence here.
More definitions of radio silenceDefinition of radio silence in:
- The British & World English dictionary