Definition of radioactive in English:
Emitting or relating to the emission of ionizing radiation or particles: radioactive decay the water was radioactive
More example sentences
- They realized that the particles emitted by radioactive elements as they decay are in fact little bits of the atomic nuclei.
- Radon decays to form tiny radioactive particles, some of which remain suspended in the air.
- This three-year project was to lead to the discovery of the causes of radioactive emissions.
- Example sentences
- It is unstable, and scientists know that it radioactively decays by electron emission to Nitrogen 14, with a half life of 5730 years.
- ‘There is likely to be an increase in radioactively contaminated metals and other radioactive sources entering the scrap supply chain,’ he said.
- Those four iron isotopes are all radioactively stable.
Definition of radioactive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan