- A radioactive isotope of carbon.More example sentences
- Some of these neutrons react with nitrogen atoms in air, converting them into a radioactive isotope of carbon: carbon - 14 or radiocarbon, with eight neutrons in each nucleus.
- Living organisms acquire a characteristic minor fraction of radiocarbon by equilibrating with the carbon dioxide of ambient air or surrounding waters.
- These data were compared with the distribution of radiocarbon in free glucose and fructose isolated from the same sample.
More definitions of radiocarbonDefinition of radiocarbon in:
- The British & World English dictionary