An image produced on a sensitive plate or film by X-rays, gamma rays, or similar radiation, and typically used in medical examination.
- Presence of cardiomegaly on the chest radiograph may be the only diagnostic clue and echocardiography may reveal pericardial effusion.
- Preoperative radiographs and MRI scans were obtained in all patients.
- Patients' medical records, chest radiographs, and computerized laboratory values were reviewed.
Produce an image of (something) on a sensitive plate or film by X-rays, gamma rays, or similar radiation.
- Characteristic branching ossification was identified in 7 of the 8 cases by radiographing the paraffin blocks or the wet tissue.
- Eventually, we wound up radiographing it, and she had a large cyst in her sinuses on the left side.
- Although the majority of ankle injuries are radiographed, fewer than 15 percent of these patients are found to have fractures of the ankle or foot.
- Example sentences
- As recommended by the researchers, consideration should be given to radiographic screening in these situations.
- Our study found that clinical and radiographic findings were useful predictors of the etiology of one or more pulmonary nodules.
- Many patients are asymptomatic, and the tumor is discovered only as an incidental radiographic or postmortem finding.
- Example sentences
- The ability of conventional CT scan and fiberoptic bronchoscopy to localize and properly stage radiographically occult lung cancer in the major airways is limited.
- She improved clinically and radiographically, and was switched to intravenous hydrocortisone, 200 mg three times a day, for 2 days, when she again showed clinical and radiographic deterioration.
- Treatment was advocated only if there was evidence of disease progression or if the lesion, as observed radiographically, failed to resolve over a 1-to 2-month period of close observation.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of radiograph in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.