- The chemical element of atomic number 86, a rare radioactive gas belonging to the noble gas series. (Symbol: Rn)More example sentences
- The ground in some parts of the country releases radon, a radioactive gas that can cause cancer.
- A review of over 11 studies in uranium miners attributed an observed increase in lung cancer to radon and its progeny and not to uranium.
- As the pressure in a building is slightly lower than the pressure outdoors, radon will be drawn from the ground into the building.
early 20th century: from radium, on the pattern of argon.
More definitions of radonDefinition of radon in:
- The British & World English dictionary