One of several internal beams extending from the eaves to the peak of a roof and constituting its framework.
- Secure the rafters with two nails driven through each side of the rafters and into each of the double beams.
- You need to be sure these new boards attached to the rafters all come out to exactly the same level, because you need to attach your finishing material to an even surface.
- Nail up a set of reference strings on the rafters that protrude the most into the attic.
Words that rhyme with rafterafter, drafter, grafter, hereafter, laughter, thereafter, whereafter
A person who travels on a raft.
- Angela, a whitewater rafter, skydiver and the family's risk-taker was intrigued by the idea.
- He said the number of canoeists and rafters had risen so much it was driving fish and anglers away and ruining his business.
- The other rafters and kayakers came back in the afternoon and they all reported that they had had a fabulous time at their respective water sports.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.